Many reasons in a Windows PC can cause error Code 0xc0000005. For example, Low RAM, malware infection, corrupt registry files, etc. They are one of the most commonly seen error that pops up in Windows system, mainly in three different situations:
- Access Violation Error
- Application unable to start
- Windows Installation Error
Steps To Fix 0xc0000005 Error
Access Violation Error
This error occurs when a program in Windows attempts to access a location or data from the location that is not assigned to it. It can occur with any of the applications due to its registry issue, faulty RAM, corrupted drivers, or incorrect security update, etc.
Example Error: Access violation error (0xc0000005)….
Unable To Start Application
This error pops up when you launch a program that you have installed on your PC, such as Mozilla, VLC, Chrome, etc. Usually, re-installation is not the fix for the issue as it was caused by some invalid or incomplete DLL files that help the software to run on Windows.
Example Error: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)
Windows Installation Error
This error halts when the Windows OS installation or mostly related to temporary hardware issues with the RAM/ Corrupt Hard-Disk due to bad sectors.
Example Error: Windows installation encountered an unexpected error…..
The error could also pop up when you try to install the Windows updates. Yet, you don’t need to panic when you get these errors as they can be easily solved. And you are not the first one to get these errors. But, the errors can lead to loss of data, either directly or indirectly, if not solved quickly.
- Fix Registry- Corrupted registry files lead to severe issues in the system, including this error code. If you had a backup of your registry, you can restore it and fix the problem quickly. Still, altering the registry files is a bit complex and also can be dangerous for the system. Also, any invalid or improper alteration can lead to serious system outcomes.
- Check RAM- Turn off the system and replace the RAM with a new one. You may also swap the RAM slots and then boot the system. Check whether the error still exists. Swapping the RAM is required when there is a damage in the RAM connectors or hardware. Also, try to run a memory diagnostic test on your RAM to fix the issue.
- Run SFC- System File Checker can help to fix the Windows system file corruption that might be causing this error. SFC scan is a piece of cake when you follow the steps given below:
- Press Win Key and type cmd.
- Right-click on it and choose “Run as Administrator.”
- When the command prompt appears, types SFC and hit the Enter key.
- The SFC starts scanning your PC (it will automatically detect the corrupted system files and replaces them with new from the cache).
- Use Hardware Troubleshooter –
- Search for Troubleshooting in the search bar by pressing the Windows Key.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to find the error and click on the “Apply fixes” and then restart your PC.
- Update/ Re-install Disk Drivers- Most probably, your system would have the latest driver. However, if you are still facing any issue with the device, updating the drivers will fix most of it and make sure that your system has the latest fix for the errors and bugs.
- Click on the “Win key,” search for Device Manager, and click on “Device Manager.”
- Double-click on the Disk Drives and then right-click on the drive where the Windows and other programs installed.
- Choose the Update Driver and click on the Search automatically for updated driver software in the driver dialog box.
- It takes a couple of minutes to find the driver. If you don’t see any new driver, then download it from your disk manufacturer’s site directly. Update them by clicking on Browse my computer for driver software in the Update drivers dialog box.
If updating the drivers doesn’t help, try to re-install the drivers. To do so, right-click on the disk and choose to “uninstall the device.” and then restart the system. Windows automatically re-installs drivers.
These are the possible methods for fixing the problem, and all the information shared here is tested and working well. You can choose any of these methods to solve your issue by following the steps carefully. If you still face any problems or questions, leave them in the comment section and will help you to fix them.